Tools for a Healthy Remote Environment
We recently held a roundtable for our customers on taking their associations remote. In conjunction with our own remote techstack, we asked our customers what tools they used to help create the following list:
Tip: Whatever is most familiar to your staff is going to be the easiest to transition and adopt quickly. If you implement a new tool, ensure you set up a team meeting to train everyone on the program.
- Microsoft Teams
- Google hangout Chat
Shared File Storage
- G Suite (Google Drive)
- LastPass - while not technically file storage, this is a way to save login information to commonly accessed websites so that you don't have to share the actual credentials
- Zoom – has breakout room capability
- Google Meeting Rooms
Project Management tools
Phone line Options
- UberConference is a tool that offers phone conferencing calls, and screensharing (not videoconferencing) It allows you to get a toll-free line which is great for international callers.
- Zoom phone: great if you are already using zoom
- VOIP phone line – you can transfer the line so his staff can plug in at home.
Miro is good for visual maps & charts
Internal Process Documentation